MEMS Industry Group (MIG) is a non-profit industry association with a mission to promote MEMS (micro-electro-mechanical systems) across global markets. Through its numerous MIG'S programs and events, MIG strives to connect its members (the MEMS supply chain); promote MEMS in established and emerging markets and commercializes MEMS to expand the adoption and use of MEMS as an enabling technology. Located in the heart of Squirrel Hill, MIG offers a flexible and entrepreneurial work environment.
The job requires someone with leadership skills as well as with strong organizational and multi-tasking skills. The candidate must be a self-starter who is able to work independently with little oversight on a day-to-day basis. The job also requires travel, both domestic and international for an average of six trips per year. This position also requires occasional administrative and support work.
Job Title: Program and Events Manager
Reports to: Executive Director
- To manage and assist in implementation of MIG projects, programs, and events of the association based on the association’s strategic plan
- Liaise with members regarding all issues related to programs and events for the organization.
- Liaise with management of the association, manage expectations for project delivery, escalate project issues, risks, and recommendations
- Ensure that projects/meetings are well planned and organized, including communication plans, and integrated project schedules.
- When and where necessary, represent MIG at MIG conferences/workshops and events; as well as partner conferences/tradeshows or other TBD events.
- Responsible for providing programming, content, and logistical support for all MIG programs and events – both online and in person.
- Required to play an overall event management leadership role for all MIG programs and events.
- Responsible for ensuring that all programs and events are on budget, planned and organized; duties include overseeing communication plans, and related integrated project schedules.
- Assist with plans and budgets of meetings and programs to be included in the overall association budget.
- Assist with creation of presentations and blogs/articles for industry publications/association partners to promote the association’s research, programs, and events.
- Perform other relevant duties as are prescribed by executive director.
- Education minimum: Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 5 years professional work experience.