The MEMS Foundry Engagement Guide is a “How-To” guide for companies looking for MEMS foundry services; to better connect the MEMS supply chain. This is a joint effort of MEMS Industry Group members and was initially released in January, 2011.
The guide is written in wikia format and may be editied by the MEMS community. It includes the following sections:
- Background Information
- How do you know when you are ready to approach a foundry and how to start the conversation?
- A foundry qualification checklist
- How to write an RFQ (request for proposal)
- How to match requirements to capabilities
A guide to how a foundry selects customers
- Successful Foundry Philosophy
- General Requirements
- Early Stage MEMS Products
- High Value MEMS Product
- Matured MEMS Product
- How to navigate through a process
MIG would like to that all of the contributors to this guide and the steering committee who led the way for its creation.