PITTSBURGH, PA--(Marketwired - Aug 28, 2014) - MEMS Industry Group (MIG) will host MEMS Executive Congress® US 2014, the annual business conference and networking event for the MEMS and sensors industry, November 5-7, 2014 in Scottsdale, AZ.
Spanning environmental sensors for safe drinking water to personalized healthcare, cybersecurity for connected systems, and spectral imaging in wearable devices, micro-electromechanical systems (MEMS) and sensors enable human-machine interactions in unprecedented ways.
"This year's MEMS Executive Congress US speakers reflect some of the most fascinating uses of MEMS and sensors in commercial applications," said Karen Lightman, executive director, MEMS Industry Group. "Ayasdi is tracking disease via smartphone. MoboSens uses a smartphone sensor to monitor nitrate in drinking water. VTT's microspectromers are likely to be used for skin cancer analysis, among many other uses. GE is advancing MRI. Wurldtech's technology protects critical infrastructure for oil and gas, smart grid and medical devices. And those are just a few of our speakers who will enlighten the C-level audience about maximizing the potential of MEMS and sensors -- the theme of this year's MEMS Executive Congress. Equally exciting, Congress attendees will also hear from entrepreneurs, academic innovators and one of the world's largest foundries, TSMC."
- "The Next Big Thing" -- opening keynote by George Liu, director, Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company (TSMC)
- "Getting to a Trillion Sensors: Why MEMS Engineers Have to Become Ecosystem Co-creators" -- closing keynote by Francis Gouillart, CEO, Experience Co-Creation Partnership
- Opening and Closing Remarks -- Karen Lightman, executive director, MEMS Industry Group
- "Managing the Challenges of Introducing MEMS into a Healthcare Product Line" -- a featured presentation by Tim Nustad, general manager and CTO, MR Healthcare Systems
- "The Paradigm Shift of the Internet of Things and its Impact on and in the MEMS and Sensors Industry" -- a featured presentation by Chris Wasden, professor of innovation & executive director, Sorenson Center for Discovery and Innovation at University of Utah; and former managing director of global healthcare innovation, PricewaterhouseCoopers
- "Tracking the State of Disease Using Mobile Devices" -- a featured presentation by Pek Lum, chief data scientist, Ayasdi
- "A View of the MEMS Industry in 2014: Technologies, Trends and Talent" -- a featured presentation by Tom Kenny, professor of mechanical engineering, Stanford University
- "MoboSens -Smartphone Micro Sensor for Accurate and Quantitative Environmental Water Analysis" -- a featured presentation by Manas Gartia, scientific research officer, MoboSens
- "Security Imperative: How to Build Stronger Security Requirements into the Design Phase of Product Development" -- a featured presentation by Nate Kube, CTO, Wurldtech
- "MEMS Microspectrometers -- Powering New Sensing Applications" -- a featured presentation by Anna Rissanen, research team leader, MOEMS and BioMEMS Instruments, VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland
- "How MEMS Impacts the Healthcare Ecosystem and Enables Personalized Health" -- a panel discussion moderated by Mark Winter, CEO, CareSpan, with panelists:
- Dr. Anita Goel, MD, PhD, chairman and CEO, Nanobiosym; physicist, Harvard-MIT MD-PHD
- Stephen Whalley, chief strategy officer, MEMS Industry Group, and former director of sensors, Intel Corporation
- "MEMS Market Spotlight," a panel discussion with:
- Jérémie Bouchaud, senior principal analyst, MEMS & Sensors and Industrial Electronics, IHS
- Jean-Christophe Eloy, CEO and president, Yole Développement
For the third year in a row, MIG's popular MEMS and Sensors Technology Showcase will give Congress attendees an up-close and personal experience with some of the most compelling MEMS- and sensors-enabled products ever invented.
MIG's second annual Elevator Pitch Session will give early-stage MEMS and sensors companies a platform for reaching potential investors.
MIG's annual Best in MEMS and Sensors Innovation Awards will celebrate outstanding achievements in the MEMS and sensors industry.
For the complete agenda, visit: http://us2014.memscongress.com/agenda/.
About MEMS Executive Congress
Now in its tenth year, MEMS Executive Congress is an annual event that brings together business leaders from a broad spectrum of industries: automotive, consumer goods, energy/environmental, industrial, medical and telecom. It is a unique professional forum at which executives from companies designing and manufacturing MEMS/sensors technology sit side-by-side with their end-user customers in panel discussions and networking events to exchange ideas and information about the use of MEMS and sensors in commercial applications.
Premier sponsors of MEMS Executive Congress US 2014 include: Platinum Sponsor EV Group; Gold Sponsors Lam Research Corporation and SPTS Technologies; Silver Sponsors Analog Devices and Freescale Semiconductor; and Bronze Sponsors Applied Materials and X-FAB MEMS Foundry.
Event sponsors include: Akustica, Acuity Incorporated, Bosch Automotive Electronics (AE), Bosch Sensortec GmbH, MEMS Journal, Micrel, MEMS & Nanotechnology Exchange, Rogue Valley Microdevices, Semico Research, Solid State Technology, Sustainable Valley Technology Group, Tronics and Yole Développement.
MEMS Executive Congress 2014 will be held November 5-7, 2014 at the JW Marriott Scottsdale Camelback Inn Resort & Spa, Scottsdale, AZ.
For more information, please contact MIG via phone: 412/390-1644, email: info[at]memsindustrygroup.org or visit MEMS Executive Congress at: www.memscongress.com.
About MEMS Industry Group
MEMS Industry Group (MIG) is the trade association advancing MEMS and sensors across global markets. More than 160 companies comprise MIG, including Analog Devices, Applied Materials, ARM, Bosch, Broadcom, Freescale Semiconductor, GE, GLOBALFOUNDRIES, HP, Infineon, Intel, InvenSense, Murata Electronics Oy, OMRON Electronic Components, Qualcomm, STMicroelectronics, SunEdison, Texas Instruments and TSMC. For more information, visit: www.memsindustrygroup.org.
MEMS Industry Group, MEMS Executive Congress and the MEMS Industry Group logo are registered trademarks of MEMS Industry Group. All other product and company names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.