MEMS/Sensors Drive IoT/E Innovation in Europe
Monday, February 9, 2015
Posted by: MEMS Industry Group
-- MEMS Executive Congress Europe speakers explore Internet of Things/Everything in automotive, consumer, industrial markets, 9-10, March in Copenhagen
PITTSBURGH -- (February 9, 2015) -- MEMS Industry Group (MIG) speakers will explore the integral nature of MEMS/sensors to the Internet of Things/Everything (IoT/E) during MEMS Executive Congress® Europe, 9-10 March, 2015 in Copenhagen, Denmark.
The IHS Internet of Things Report 2014 forecasts a staggering 86 billion connected devices by 2024. According to MIG, these include consumer products, such as wearables and mobile handsets, as well as automobiles, smart home appliances, and mHealth devices — and every one of these products includes some variety of MEMS and sensors.
“From accelerometers, gyroscopes, microphones, pressure sensors and magnetometers to temperature, humidity and optical sensors, MEMS and sensors proliferate in IoT/E devices,” said Karen Lightman, executive director, MEMS Industry Group. “European companies and research organizations are at the forefront of developing the MEMS and sensors used in the IoT/E. At the same time, they are leveraging the vast data collected by IoT/E devices to improve the user experience with mobile phones, health and fitness devices, cars, smart factories and more. This year’s MEMS Executive Congress Europe speakers will share current research and discuss commercial opportunities of MEMS and sensors, empowering attendees to pursue the IoT/E and related markets.”
· “BOSCH-DRIE: Enabling Technology to the Market” -- Franz Laermer, vice president, Corporate Sector Research and Advanced Engineering, Microsystems Technologies, Robert Bosch GmbH
· “mHealth's Next Super Model” -- Claus B. Nielsen, business development manager, Health & Care Technologies, DELTA
FEATURED SPEAKERS INCLUDE
· “Creating a MEMS Development Ecosystem in China to Drive Innovation for IoT” -- Roc Blumenthal, vice president of international technical development, MEMSRIGHT/STINI
· “MEMS for Life” John Fitzpatrick, engineering manager, Autoliv
· “Integration Scenarios Consumer Sensors” -- Roland Helm, segment head Sensors, Infineon Technologies AG
· “Advanced Technology Platforms to Drive MEMS into New Markets” --- Simone Severi, R&D team leader, IMEC
· “Advanced Capping Solutions with TSV for MEMS Devices” -- Jaako Sormunen, sales manager, Europe, Okmetic Oyj
· “Integrating MEMS and Sensors into Miniaturized Systems-in-a-Package for the IoT” -- Jean Marc Yannou, senior director, Technology Strategies, ASE Europe, ASE Group
For the complete list of speakers, please visit the agenda.
· MEMS & Sensors Technology Showcase -- for the first time, MIG is bringing its popular MEMS & Sensors Technology Showcase from the US to Europe. MEMS & Sensors Technology Showcase will give event attendees a closer look at some of the most fascinating MEMS- and sensors-enabled products ever invented. Finalist companies will vie for attendees’ votes for best MEMS/sensors-based application.
· MEMS Market Panel Presentations & Panel Discussion -- moderated by Will Tu, director, Embedded Software, ARM, with panelists:
o Jérémie Bouchaud, director & senior principal analyst, MEMS & Sensors Industrial Electronics, IHS: “Internet of Things Begins to Impact High Value MEMS”
o Jean-Christophe Eloy, CEO, Yole Développement: “From Niche Applications to a Promise of Billions’ Units, a Half-century MEMS Story!”
· “Internet of Things” -- moderated by Roger Grace, president, Roger Grace Associates
ABOUT MEMS EXECUTIVE CONGRESS EUROPE 2015
Now in its fourth year, MEMS Executive Congress Europe 2015 brings together senior executives and top researchers from the MEMS/sensors supply chain and companies integrating MEMS/sensors in a broad range of applications, from automotive, consumer and energy to health & medical.
MEMS Executive Congress Europe is the only event in Europe to bring together all of the globally recognized MEMS and sensors leaders in one place. From the fabrication industry, device and algorithm designers, and integrators, to end-users, MEMS Executive Congress Europe is the only event of its kind all year long -- with a track record of unique speakers who address present and future business issues.
Premier sponsors of MEMS Executive Congress Europe 2015 include: Platinum Sponsor -- EV Group; Gold Sponsor -- SPTS Technologies; Silver Sponsors -- Analog Devices and Freescale Semiconductor; and Bronze Sponsors -- Applied Materials, Fraunhofer ISIT, ULVAC and X-FAB MEMS Foundry.
Supporting sponsors include: Akustica, Bosch Automotive Electronics, Bosch Sensortec, MEMS Journal, Okmetic, Plan Optik and VTT.
Media sponsors include: IHS, MEMS & Nanotechnology Exchange, MIPI Alliance, Semico Research and Smart Systems Integration.
MEMS Executive Congress Europe 2015 will be held March 9-10, 2015 at Crowne Plaza Copenhagen Towers, Copenhagen, Denmark.
For more information, please contact MIG via phone: +412.390.1644, email: email@example.com or visit MEMS Executive Congress at: http://eu2015.memscongress.com
“Applied Materials remains committed to the continued development of 200mm tools, upgrades, materials and processes for emerging technologies. The rapidly evolving MEMS field presents many challenges for semiconductor manufacturers. To be and stay competitive, we know it’s all about continuous innovation. Applied Materials is a committed and proud supporter of the MEMS Industry Group. With its broad membership, MIG and its global MEMS Executive Congress events work relentlessly to ‘enable the enablers’ and grow this exciting and ever-changing industry.”
“As a European-based, world-leading supplier of wafer bonding, lithography and metrology equipment to the MEMS industry worldwide, EV Group is proud to be a Platinum Sponsor of MEMS Executive Congress Europe,” said Hermann Waltl, executive sales & customer support director, EV Group (EVG). “Our participation in this conference gives us an opportunity to exchange ideas and information with innovators from the world’s leading MEMS companies based in Europe, allowing us to advance technologies that are moving the MEMS industry ahead. We look forward to participating in MIG’s signature European business conference.”
“As a leader in embedded solutions, we are enabling a secure Internet of Tomorrow with sensor data analytics,” said Babak Taheri, vice president and general manager of Freescale’s sensor solutions division. “In this era of big data, we are seeing more revolutionary approaches to existing applications, as our customers are leveraging sensor data analytics to design more intuitive products and create new value propositions. We look forward to participating at this year’s MEMS Executive Congress Europe to continue the IoT infrastructure discussion.”
"As MEMS becomes an integral part of the Internet of Things, The European market will remain a leader in both R & D and production of this technology. The MEMS Industry Group will play a key role in gathering the MEMS community at the European Executive Congress 2015” commented Ryoshin Imai, Senior Director, Marketing and Business Development, ULVAC.
ABOUT MEMS INDUSTRY GROUP
MEMS Industry Group (MIG) is the trade association advancing MEMS and sensors across global markets. More than 170 companies comprise MIG, including Analog Devices, Applied Materials, ARM, Bosch, Broadcom, Freescale Semiconductor, GE, GLOBALFOUNDRIES, HP, IBM, Infineon, Intel, InvenSense, Lenovo, OMRON Electronic Components, Qualcomm, STMicroelectronics, SunEdison, Texas Instruments and TSMC. For more information, visit: www.memsindustrygroup.org.